Document Locator sports updated styling and a boost in performance in its latest release – available for customers to upgrade now.
DL version 7.2 sp3 brings a complete UI refresh in the desktop edition. You could say that Big Blue DL gets a Big Blue makeover. New styling reflects a modern, DL Blue design. Icons and design elements are refreshed with an all-new, all-blue look and feel that brings consistency to the document management system’s user interface. The same familiar Windows experience remains, however now everything looks current and modern.
A new look on the outside isn’t the only thing new in the latest release. Under the hood, the inside of DL gets a power-boost with significant gains in performance. Windows users will take notice in particular when connecting remotely through VPN, WAN, or connections to cloud-hosted repositories. In certain cases, performance improvements of as much as 400% have been clocked!
The new look and faster speed are just the latest additions to what has been a popular DL release. The 7.2 series also includes:
- Search Highlight (search and open files with search term highlighted)
- Web Preview (see inside files before opening in WebTools)
- Updated System Reports (new styling, more standard reports)
- New in SP3: Reports now accessible from Windows Explorer view.
- Improved WebTools Mobile (new Mobile navigation on smartphones and tablets)
- Optional DocuSign Connector (Send documents for DocuSign digital signature)
- Drag-and-drop to Email
- Outlook 64-bit Support
- AutoCAD 2016, AutoCAD 2017, and AutoCAD 2018 support
Details on everything that is new in the latest release can found in 7.2 sp3 Innovations (PDF), or on the latest release page. As always, the new software is available for no additional charge to customers on subscription or with a maintenance plan. Visit the customer center or contact your account manager to get started.
To learn more about ColumbiaSoft and the benefits of implementing Document Management Software for your company request a demo today.